MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT 5S
April 1-5, 2002
Team members: E. P. Popplewell, Jim Walker, Allen Daniel, Jimmy Choate
and Maria Chavez
- Tool board was redone (outlining method)
- Worktable and work instruction area redone
- Parts racks were stripped, cleaned and organized.
Parts list created and attached to the rack.
- Toolboxes and equipment were cleaned, locations outlined
- General cleaning and painting of the area
This event took a total of 170 hours to complete.
Pictures of the tool rack after the 5s event
Some of the benefits:
- Easier to find tools and parts
- Found $1,000 worth of replacement parts we were about to order
- Found 20% more space in the maintenance area
Click here for pictures taken before and during the 5s event.
[back to 5S examples]